Volt House

THE DIAMOND, RAPHOE

The Volt House was built in 1732 for widows of deceased clergymen.  The Ordnance Survey Memoirs (1835-1836) report that local folklore suggests the ‘Vault’ House received its name from the burial of friars in the vaults where it stands.  One room in the Volt House is used to display local heritage artifacts and archives relating to farming and traditional ways-of-life.  

Opening Times:  By appointment only

Telephone:  +353 (0)74 917 3966

E-mail:  volthouse@eircom.net